Competition law in particular, and other areas of E.U. law, affect a great number of business activities and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, intellectual property, brand and technology licensing and most aspects of marketing, sales, pricing and distribution strategies.
Our work in this area includes:
- advising on merger control issues, including obtaining clearances from the Italian and EU authorities;
- advising businesses on the impact of competition law on a vast range of commercial agreements, including joint venture, licensing, distribution and franchising arrangements;
- free circulation of goods, services and capital;
- assisting clients with notifications to the European Commission and the Italian competition authorities;
- advising businesses on investigations by the competition authorities into restrictive agreements and abuse of dominant positions and assisting clients in the establishment of competition compliance programmes.